Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grilled vegetable burrito -Desi Style

Hi my first contribution to  the Happiest Kitchen!!

Encouraged by the previous exciting recipes posted here I am planning on posting tonight's dinner.

My attempt was to experiment with vegetables that are too little for elaborate dish and too young to go to crapper. I mean who throws away tomatoes if you don't see white stuff on it really ?;)

So I have green pepper, tomatoes, onions and jalapenos in my burrito tonight.

I marinated them an hour prior with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, crushed mint, barely two drops of lemon concentrate and Spicy tandoori masala powder (usually used for meats ).

I grilled the above after spraying some oil for 30 mins at 350 Degrees.

Wheat rotis from indian store forms the base. I have sprinkled some mozarella (made from 2% milk)on top of this mix of vegetables quick spray of oil and grill it for 15 mins for hot desi style grilled vegetable burrito/wrap!




7 comments:

  1. first of all, thanks for the first post and hoping for many more to come!!
    your burrito looks yummy and yet easy to make!! definitely trying this..nice to know sandeep enjoyed it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting recipe... will try it .. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tastier than it looks!! Couldn't stop myself until I finished everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..that's so sweet..Lavanya ..you owe Sandeep a reward for this comment :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning to make this for dinner tonight...let you know how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came out yummy....I made some modifications though. First modification is cheese burst crust for th roti and the second one is I used panneer for the stuffing. My Dad loved it!

    ReplyDelete