Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grilled vegetable burrito -Desi Style

Hi my first contribution to  the Happiest Kitchen!!

Encouraged by the previous exciting recipes posted here I am planning on posting tonight's dinner.

My attempt was to experiment with vegetables that are too little for elaborate dish and too young to go to crapper. I mean who throws away tomatoes if you don't see white stuff on it really ?;)

So I have green pepper, tomatoes, onions and jalapenos in my burrito tonight.

I marinated them an hour prior with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, crushed mint, barely two drops of lemon concentrate and Spicy tandoori masala powder (usually used for meats ).

I grilled the above after spraying some oil for 30 mins at 350 Degrees.

Wheat rotis from indian store forms the base. I have sprinkled some mozarella (made from 2% milk)on top of this mix of vegetables quick spray of oil and grill it for 15 mins for hot desi style grilled vegetable burrito/wrap!