Friday, January 20, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Pesto Sandwich

Generally I love paninis. I do have a panini maker at home..but you can simply make paninis even without it..you will only miss grill marks..not a big deal. This is the recipe I followed pretty much..As usual I did add a few things of my own.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-vegetable-panini-recipe/index.html


I did not have all the ingredients. So here are my substitutes:
Eggplant, Zuccini - Squash, any vegetable
Baguette - Ciabatta or any bread. (I love ciabatta)
Fresh Mozzarella - shredded mozzarella
Roasted red peppers - I grilled bell peppers along with other veggies.

In addition to the recipe I also added grilled chicken to the sandwich. I gotta have some meat :)

For grilled chicken:
Minced garlic - 4 cloves
Italian seasoning - 2tsp
Red pepper flakes - 1tsp
Paprika/Chilli powder - 1tsp
Oil - 2tsp
Salt, to taste

Mix all the ingredients above and rub it on the chicken and grill the chicken, if possible in the griddle or panini maker on 350 deg until chicken browns up.
If you don't have a griddle, simply pan fry or bake the chicken in the oven.
Cool the chicken and cut into strips easy enough to layer in the sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment