I learnt this dish from my Gujarati roommate who would make this as a weekend breakfast. This is a yummy light and yet very flavorful dish.
Poha - 1 cup soaked and drained in water
Onions - 1 large
Groundnuts - handful
Curry Leaves - 5 nos
Red chillies - 3
Ginger, grated - 1/2 Tbsp
Potato, peeled and cut - 1 large
Salt, to taste
- Boil potato and cut into pieces.
- Dry roast groundnuts in a pan and keep aside.
- Rinse poha in water and drain immediately and keep aside for a few minutes. Do not let it soak in water, it will become soggy.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilles and onions and sauté unit the onions are translucent.
- Add ginger, groundnuts, turmeric powder,salt, potatoes and sauté until the potatoes turn slightly golden.
- Finally add the poha, cilantro and sauté for 5-10 minutes until the poha is well coated and cooked through.