Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Perfect porridge

Here's a perfect alternative to your boring breakfast oatmeal. Personally, I hate eating oatmeal for breakfast. But this yummy porridge will make you forget that you're eating oatmeal!


 Ingredients:
Oatmeal - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Sugar or Splenda - 1 Tbsp
Honey - 1 tsp
Strawberries -  3 nos
Banana - 1/2
Salt - 1 pinch

Method:
  1. In a tall microwavable bowl, add oatmeal, milk and salt and cover with a plastic wrap. Poke the plastic wrap with a fork a couple of times for venting.
  2. Microwave for 3 minutes until oatmeal is cooked and mushy and wait until it cools down
  3. In a blender, add the cooked oatmeal, fruits, honey and sugar and blend for a few minutes.

I used frozen strawberries and fat free milk and it tasted very good. It will be even better with 1 or 2% milk. You can use any kind of fruits you like and I would be very interested to know what other fruits will work well. I might try blueberries next time since I have it already!!

4 comments:

  1. I will try this gally. I used to drink Sathumaavu kanji every day morning and now I am running out of those ingredients which I need to replenish from India. May be I should try this as an alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Laps..this is a good replacement for sathumavu kanji..Hats off to you that you had that everyday..I am really lazy to make kanjis, even though I know it's very good for you..my mil used to make it for Gopi everyday when they were here..

      Delete
  2. This is a good one Shuba, I should try this, I really get bored of eating just bland oats everyday ..try bluberries they really go very well with Oats. And this a wonderful blog, helpful for ppl like me who are lazy to think what to cook everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lavanya,
      Thanks for visiting the blog! I am glad you like it..I am definitely going to try blueberries now :)

      Delete