I thought Chocolate pudding was a little complicated with eggs, baking and water bath and stuff..until I saw this recipe..It's easy, light, and yet rich, creamy and silky, perfect for Valentine's day or some other good excuse you can come up with :P :)
Since this recipe does not use eggs, I used whole milk to add a little bit of richness..you can try it with 2% milk as well. If you use bittersweet chocolate chips because that's what you have, I would suggest adding 3/4 cup sugar to maintain the sweetness. Once you add the chocolate you will note that they melt almost instantaneously forming this thick yummy pudding..
Milk - 3 cups (2% or better)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cornstarch - 1/4 cup
Chocolate Chips, semisweet - 3/4 cup
Vannila Extract - 1 tsp
Butter - 1Tbsp
Salt - 1 pinch
- Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk and whisk everything together on top of a double boiler.
- Keep stirring for 15-20 minutes scraping off all the sides until the mixture thickens and starts coating your spatula.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in for a few minutes until it forms a pudding like consistency.
- Remove from flame, add vanilla and butter and mix.
- Pour into individual cups and cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Place a smaller pan which can hold 3 cups of milk, on top of the simmering water in the other pan.
Hope you enjoy and Have a Happy Valentines day everyone!