Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oatmeal Shake

This is a tastiest and healthiest way to have your morning oatmeal. My husband used to cook oatmeal in the microwave and then mix that with yoghurt and eat with a pickle :) Since I don't eat plain yoghurt, I never was a big fan of that combination..But I found this recipe to be perfect for everyone who like their oatmeal with a hint of sweetness. Ofcourse, you can eat oatmeal 100 different ways and I've so far only tried the sweet ones! If you like to have yoghurt and oatmeal for breakfast this is a good way!
Servings : 2
Ingredients
Oatmeal - 1/2 cup
Yoghurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Ice cubes - 5
Strawberries, frozen - 3
Banana - 1/2
Honey - 2 tsp
Splenda - 5 packets or Sugar - 4 Tbsp
Protein powder - 1 scoop (optional)
Wheat germ - 1 Tbsp (optional)

Method:
  1. In a blender, add oatmeal and grind until powdered. You can also use a spice mixer or coffee bean grinner for this. 
  2. To this, add everything else from above and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. You can increase the amount of ice cubes or milk depending on the thickness you want. 
If you always find strawberries remaining as lumps at the bottom, I would suggest blending it with oatmeal before you add all the wet ingredients in order to get a smooth shake. You can use soy milk or Almond milk instead of regular milk to get a thicker consistency..

2 comments:

  1. sounds fun! I really should try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah..to me this is way quicker than cooking oatmeal..so makes my life easier in the morning.. :)

      Delete